Sunday, December 9, 2007

Not so Fast There Slick

The heat issue is NOT the problem with the running the bus on veggie oil. The fuel lines have been insulated and the veggie temp on the relatively short test drive yesterday was quickly up to 160. The bus responded no differently than before... about a minute after switching to veg the engine had slowed to the point of threatening to stop. Switching back to diesel is an almost instant fix.

This NOT
a pump problem,
a heat problem,
a filter problem...

I drained some rather dark (glycerin looking shit) out of the bottom of my veggie filter yesterday...? I suppose my veg line is clogged or there a layer of unburnable stuff in there... but the filter housing was full of great looking Veggie Oil/BioDiesel blend.

Sooo, I've still got about 90 gallons of fuel in my tank that i can't seem to use...

No comments: