Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Burned Vegetables Today!

The bus has been running great since the new fuel pump.. But NOT At ALL on Vegetable Oil.

When the last fuel pump blew up the mechanics and I agreed to just by pass the veggie fuel lines so skinnychef and I could get to New Orleans on time. I neglected to film or eyeball the fuel selection valve hosing before they dismantled it.

So, I thought I might have hosed the diesel in and the common out .. backwards; when I hosed it after installing the new fuel pump. I called GreaseCar to determine if the bus would run properly on diesel if they were hosed backwards.. they said it would.

Today I flipped the hoses for diesel in and the common out on the valve and
THE VEGGIE SYSTEM RAN PERFECTLY. Problems. Solved. Damnit!

The most important lesson I've learned in the last couple months of bio/diesel mechanic school is to eliminate the simplest possibilities first.

No comments: