Friday, July 4, 2008

Out of Nebrask and into the Pan

We're out of Nebraska.

Drove about 200 miles today on veggie oil, great drive and the bus ran better'n ever.
BUT
when we pulled in to park for the night we discovered that the diesel return line had melted in 2 on the muffler and we'd left a trail from the exit ramp to the parking spot... we were pouring diesel fuel out of the hoses.
So I have a project for tomorrow...

Turns out the fuel pump was NOT the problem so on top of the $750 labor bill from the 3rd mechanic and 2 weeks down time...
I now have a $350 fuel pump I don't need.

The good news is that Shane at RoverHybrids.com said he'd only charge me 50 bucks if I could get the new one back to him in a week, so we'll be doing that tomorrow too.

We can now also release the stories we were afraid to release while broken down due to fear of reprisal. :)

No comments: