Friday, November 9, 2007

Upgrades in Progress

Today I'm ordering the macDaddy of veggie specific fuel pumps. It turns out that the 2nd pump I blew was not high enough pressure capacity for the engine load even though it had the same part number... idunno... but that's probably why it busted wide open after about 6 hours on the road. Also, the NEW Beaumont fuel pump is also not strong enough; the mechanic said it was 30psi, I need 50-80psi. So it's a good thing I STOPPED driving in Slidell. When the new one comes in I'll leave the 30psi mounted so I can rehose the system and get off the road if the new one blows. But if the new one (about $500) blows I think I be retiring the vegetables for a while.
Gordon took some Bus scrubbing photos.

Here's the rest of'um

click the slide show to download stills

We're taping the trim today after we move his RV to the septic system of the house they recently tore down... then we can crap like civilized people again. :)

No comments: